Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Honeymoon Hotels in Glasgow?

My fiancé and I are looking for a good hotel in Glasgow city center that is very romantic and good for honeymooners. I have an odd obsession with large and fancy bathtubs so anywhere that can accommodate that is a plus. :) Thanks!  

Answers

• VisitScotlandSarahWVisitScotlandSarahW Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited January 2017
    Hi Mrs Cairns. Ooh  you are spoiled for choice in Glasgow!

Blysthwood Square Hotel & Spa is beautiful and very highly rated as a luxury boutique hotel. From looking at the picture of a Suite, it has a very fancy marble bathtub!  There is also the Hotel du Vin, in the West End of Glasgow, which is only a short ride on the subway into the city centre. Again, beautiful bathtubs are shown in the pictrues! The Carlton George Hotel has Club Rooms with access to a lovely balcony to take in those city views!

You may find it useful to have a wee search for more options on our VisitScotland website; you can filter the results to show 4/5 star hotels.

I hope this helps and you have a wonderful honeymoon!

• MogMJMRMogMJMR Member ✭✭
    We had a night in https://www.grandcentralhotel.co.uk/partner/glasgow-grand-central-hotel/ before travelling round Scotland for our honeymoon.  We got an amazing deal on a Sunday night and it was beautiful  - really hi spec.  Not sure about the bath tubs there but I did encounter one in the annex of http://www.glentower.com/ - also on my honeymoon  - in Fort William.

Mogmjmr
    Based in the Scottish Borders, Aberdeenshire has a special place in my heart.
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I'm sure the ABode Hotel in Bath Street, Glasgow has at least one room/suite with a free-standing rolltop bath as does Hotel du Vin mentioned above.
    B)
  • I'd second the recommendations for the Grand Central and One Devonshire Gardens by Hotel du Vin.  I've stayed at both and they're wonderful. We had a a gorgeous bathroom with a roll-top bath at Devonshire Gardens.  Grand Central has a fabulous champagne bar. 
  • AmraAmra Member
    visit the Carnbooth hotel-you will not be disappointed,it was 1 of the most beautiful hotels i have ever stayed at
    http://www.carnboothhouse.com/