Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines
and learn how to use the Community
. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.
Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?
Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.
Burns Night Celebrations and Suppers 2017
Burns Night, or Burns Nicht
as it's known in Scots, is a celebration of the life and poetry of one of our most famous authors, Robert Burns.
Every year near his birthday on January 25th, suppers and events across the country are held to pay tribute to his life and works. Whether you're planning to host some guests yourself or attend a public event, it's a great excuse for a healthy dose of Scottish culture from ceilidh dancing to haggis eating and a wee dram of whisky.
If you'd rather join an organised shindig, here are just some of the local events taking place this year:
- 20 January, Tam o’ Shanter: Telling The Big Tale at the Scottish Storytelling Centre, Edinburgh
- 20 & 21 January, Burns Ceilidh Supper at the Beach Ballroom, Aberdeen
- 20 – 28 January, Robert Burns Night at the Ghillie Dhu, Edinburgh
- 20 – 28 January, Big Burns Supper in Dumfries
- 22 January, Burns Unbound at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh
- 24 January, Café Ceilidh: Burns Celebration at the Scottish Storytelling Centre, Edinburgh
- 24 & 25 January, Rabbie: A Burns Night Spectacular at the Edinburgh Festival Theatre
- 24 & 25 January, Supper with Burns at the Scottish Storytelling Centre, Edinburgh
- 25 January, A Burns Night Murder at Strathpeffer Pavilion, Strathpeffer
- 25 January, The Burns Supper at Burns Cottage in Alloway, Ayr
- 25 – 29 January, Alloway 1759 in Alloway, Ayrshire
- 28 January, Perth Burns Annual Dinner at the Salutation Hotel, Perth
Tell us how you're planning to celebrate Burns Night this year or if you have any family traditions that take place! For any further info check out our Burns Night Guide
.Wherever yer, gilravage yer celebrations!
Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. Instagram