Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

road trip

hi everybody, I'm planning a trip in september ( 11 days ) here is my hotel itinerary I would like to know what are the must see place with my plan. thanks

arrivée aeroport de Glasgow le 14

14 et 15 sept hotel ceilidh-donia edinbourg

16 sept atholl hotel , aberdeen

17 sept Haugh Hotel, Cromdale, Grantown-on-Spey 

18 sept  Mansfield Castle, Scotsburn Rd, Tain 

19 et 20 sept  Mansefield House, Hillview Drive 

21 sept  Culcreuch Castle Hotel, Fintry 

22 sept Stonefield Castle, Loch Fyne, Tarbert

23 sept  Best Western Eglinton Arms Hotel, 59 Gilmour St, Eaglesham, Glasgow

24 depart de aeroport de Glasgow

Comments

• pierrepierre Member
    Thank you very much Nadia 

• VisitScotlandSarahWVisitScotlandSarahW Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @pierre. Wow I can't believe you will be visiting Eaglesham, this little hidden gem of a village is my hometown! Eaglesham is a lovely little conservation village to wonder around, with some quirky shops and tea rooms. I would highly recommend the Swan Inn for good pub food.

The main attraction to visit would be Whitelee Windfarm, just a few miles outside the village on the B7674 Moor Road. There is a little visitor centre which is very interesting and some nice walks with great views of the moors and the turbines.

I hope this helps with this part of your stay.  :)
  • pierrepierre Member
    thank you , so a diner at  the swan Inn will be on my  journey !!
  • VisitScotlandSarahWVisitScotlandSarahW Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    You are welcome @pierre, have a wonderful trip!  :)
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Pierre,

whilst in in the area of Aberdeen, if you fancy a distillery tour then glen Garioch does a really good tour.

on the way to Aberdeen from Edinburgh there is Dundee, home to lots of interesting developments. You'll then go through Angus (road A92) which is home to Arbroath it has a lovely wee harbour and the famous smoked fish 'Smokie' which can be bought from several small vendors around the harbour area, if you're lucky you'll get a warm one and eat it straight out the skin!! Montrose's links golf course is the 6th oldest and a bit north of Arbroath on the way to Dunottar castle and Stonehaven. 

Theres really lots to do in the area, what do you like doing?
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @Pierre,

The easiest way to get to Edinburgh from Glasgow Airport is to take the Glasgow Airport Express Bus to the bus station in Glasgow (Buchanan Street) and then change bus to the frequent Glasgow to Edinburgh bus arriving at the bus station in central Edinburgh (Saint Andrew Square).

On arrival in Edinburgh, please do come and say hello at the Edinburgh iCentre in Princes Street - just above Waverley Train Station and 5 minutes to walk from the Edinburgh Bus Station - where you can pick up a map, ask directions, buy tickets for attractions and get some advice on making the most of your two days in Edinburgh. 
    https://www.visitscotland.com/info/services/edinburgh-icentre-p234441

There are many choices of things to do in Edinburgh, depending on your preference. Please have a look at this 48 hour itinerary for some highlights:
    https://www.visitscotland.com/destinations-maps/edinburgh/see-do/weekend-itinerary/

Your hotel in Edinburgh is located in an area close to some really special places of interest:
    Holyrood Park and Arthur's Seat
    Craigmillar Castle
    Sheep Heid Inn
    Surgeons' Hall