Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines
and learn how to use the Community
. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.
Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?
Join the conversation today.
Historical Scotland by Campervan Hire
I am looking to surprise my partner with a trip to Scotland this fall (we are from Canada). We are both very interested in Scottish history and the Highlands. Any help on the below would be greatly appreciated for our 10-14 day trip!
- Recommendations on campervan hires
- Excursion ideas for northern Scotland and where to camp
- Must see historical locations (legends, celtic/gaelic, castles)
- War / major battle sites (my partner loves immersing himself in war history)
- Local tips and tricks to really experience the Scottish culture