Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Vote: What is your favourite romantic destination in Scotland?

VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
Whether you're planning your honeymoon, an intimate weekend away or a trip for two to celebrate a special occasion, Scotland has a wide range of options for romantic retreats. We want to know what your favourite destination is, so cast your votes now! And if we've missed something off the list make sure you tell us all about it in the comments :)  

Vote: What is your favourite romantic destination in Scotland? 17 votes

Galloway Forest Park, Dumfries and Galloway
5%
VisitScotlandAmanda 1 vote
Calgary Bay, Isle of Mull
23%
Samantha_GrantargyllgirlScathachBorgny 4 votes
Portee, Isle of Skye
29%
VisitScotlandEstherScotlandTraveloholicbobbyhkeltyboyWY7FD 5 votes
The Northern Lights, Caithness
11%
RachelEWoodsMichaelG 2 votes
Loch Lomond
11%
VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandRay 2 votes
Glenfinnan Viaduct
5%
MogMJMR 1 vote
Other (please make your case below!)
11%
SmidgeHorizons 2 votes
Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
Instagram

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    I'm casting the very 1st vote to be other ;) and my pick is Isle of Arran (we wrote a blogpost addressing precisely this question here). We've been to Galloway, Portree & Loch Lomond from the list above as a couple but Arran towers over them for us because

1. The view from the room (Tigh Na Blair in Corrie)

2. Many romantic & scenic walks across the island (Glen Sannox tops our list)

3. So many activities (Lochranza castle, Machrie moor standing stones, distillery, hiking)

Skye is a very close second. It's great for a honeymoon but its distance from any major airport is makes it less ideal for a weekend away.
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)
  • MogMJMRMogMJMR Member ✭✭
    Glenfinnan Viaduct
    Part of our Honeymoon was travelling 1st Class on the Jacobite Steam train - so given the options above it had to be that!

We had a bit of an unconventional Honeymoon - we used the highland rover rail pass
    https://www.scotrail.co.uk/offers/travel-passes/highland-rover to travel Scotland

Glasgow - Fort William; Fort William - Mallaig; Ferry to Skye; bus and tour around Skye and stayed in Kyle (as the Island was so busy due to Portree Highland Games) then Train Kyle - Inverness and back home to Aberdeen.

All our travel was by public transport and accommodation very varied  - from small guest houses to premier inn to fancy hotels. 5 nights.

Was great - although perhaps not the honeymoon most folk are after!
    Mogmjmr
    Based in the Scottish Borders, Aberdeenshire has a special place in my heart.
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Always Mull - there's nowhere quite like it in my opinion.  Here's the lovely Calgary Bay on New Years Day as the daylight began to fade. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    I just had to choose Calgary Bay as it was one of our stops on our honeymoon. 
  • SmidgeSmidge VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Ardnamurchan - we recently stayed in a beautiful renovated croft cottage on a highland estate and explored this region. It has everything, those blue seas and white beaches, stunning castles and that out of the way feeling you need when you want to get away from it all. 

Plus it is stunning - http://www.lovefromscotland.co.uk/things-to-do-ardnamurchan/

Kate - Scotland / outdoor blogger at Love From Scotland
    Climbs hills, takes pictures. Likes remotes places.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

• Ardnamurchan