Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Distillery Tour - Any Recommendations

We see a few on our way from Edinburgh to Inverness. Does anyone recommend a specific Distillery tour while we are in the Highlands?

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My personal favourite on that route in summer is Edradour near Pitlochry & Dalwhinnie in winter (right now). Dalwhinnie's whisky and chocolate pairing is really nice and the Cairngorms NP location is scenic. Edradour has many whiskies are available to drink on purchase in their tasting room at a very reasonable price. Plus the distillery is scenic, easy to reach and it was the smallest distillery in Scotland till recently, pics below.

Of course, you could take a scenic detour via Tomintoul (weather permitting) that would add an hour to the driving time but give you access to many more distilleries to choose from.
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, DunoonSpeyside)

• FofomaFofoma Member ✭✭✭
    Edradour is only open for tours from April to October and from memory they don't distill at weekends which always takes  away from the experience IMHO. I've done a few whisky tours( in fact I was a tour guide in a distillery in a former life) and I like the one at Glen Grant in Rothes.
  • csbuceocsbuceo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Looks like Dalwhinnie is on A9 which is on our way to/or from Inverness.
  • HecyHecy Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tomatin Distillery just before Inverness is easily the most underrated distillery in the country. Its a non polished working distillery that tells you how it is. Highly recommend!    
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Dalwhinnie is in a stunning location, Scotland's highest distillery, is easy to access from the A9 and offers good tours. 

It's also one of the easiest drinking whiskies as well which makes it good for anyone in your party that's not accustomed to drinking whisky. 
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk