Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Following in the footsteps of Outlander stars...

2»

Comments

• BrezBrez Member ✭✭
    @Brez I've still to see the Kelpies close up! I've passed them on the road a few times but usually always rushing back from somewhere else. I'd also love to go on the Falkirk wheel too :).
    My goodness @DMWScotland - how have you managed to resist this long...?! Looking forward to the blog already!
  • IreneGIreneG Member ✭✭
    Visited Midhope this week , an amazing building and when I sat on the steps I felt as though I was going back in time ! If you are an outlander fan , then this a place to see. 
  • IreneGIreneG Member ✭✭
    Another must to see is Drummond Castle Gardens near Crieff . The formal gardens were used as the Palace of Versailles in Outlander season 2. The gardens are open from May to October and well worth a visit . I particularly loved the gardens in  late September /October the Autumn colours truly stunning .

• DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    I must admit I felt a bit emotional at Midhope @IreneG and agree that you feel like it's an Outlander place and was once the home of the Frasers and Murrays. It's a strange feeling as we all know it's fictional! Beautiful old place. I'll need to visit Drummond Castle in September/October too :)
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • CookieCookie Member ✭✭
    Highland Folk Museum in Kingussie was used for the first series when they went collecting taxes with Dougal 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    [Deleted Content]
  • johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr Member ✭✭✭

Keep your eyes peeled for Culross Lates in September! A great evening of traditional Scottish food, drink, music and dance. An evening not to be missed by any ‪Outlander‬ fans in one of the most recognisable Outlander filming locations.

https://www.facebook.com/events/135144950234691/

• VisitScotlandNikkiVisitScotlandNikki Administrator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi all, the new Outlander map is now ready, with 29 locations to visit across the two seasons. Get planning your Outlander trips! We've now got Callendar House, where the kitchen became part of the home of the Duke of Sandringham, Deanston Distillery, Jamie's cousin's wine warehouse, and Drumlanrig Castle, which also became part of Bellhurst Manor.