Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Theme parks in Scotland?

BertVerninskBertVerninsk ✭✭Member ✭✭
edited October 2016 in General Discussion

I thought Id ask this as as far as I know Scotland has only 1 theme park near Motherwell called M&Ds which is built in Strathclyde country park. I personally think more would be a good thing for tourism and families enjoying the Scottish countryside but without destroying/harming the natural landscape. I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on theme parks in Scotland? Where would you want one built and why. If you know of anywhere which already has these in Scotland Id be pleased to hear your insight in the comments.

Where wit may sparkle all its rays,
Uncurs’d with caution’s fears;
That pleasure, basking in the blaze, Rejoice for endless years. (R.B)

Best Answers

• cdrackcdrack ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Have you visited Cadona's theme park on the Beach Blvd in Aberdeen? Its a great day out with the family. If your lucky you might see some dolphins in the harbour. 

Answers

• BertVerninskBertVerninsk ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    Hi 

Naw never heard of there either. Thank you for mentioning this as this is another place to go in Scotland. It looks a rare place!
    Where wit may sparkle all its rays,
    Uncurs’d with caution’s fears;
    That pleasure, basking in the blaze, Rejoice for endless years. (R.B)
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie ✩ Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    There is East Links Family Park, in East Lothian, which is a farm-themed activity park and lots of fun for all ages. It also has soft play and farm animals as well as activities, rides and a climbing wall.
  • VisitScotlandAldonaVisitScotlandAldona ✪ Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @BertVerninsk Have you heard of Irn Bru Carnival? Not exactly a theme park, or not a permanent one at least, but with Christmas just round the corner, you might want to check it out as it's a seasonal event at the SECC. It's an INDOOR FUNFAIR, and it's Europe's largest of its kind; and it features over 60 rides and attractions for kids (those small and big ones ;)  ), including the old favourites like the Carousel, The Waltzer and lots of thrill rides. And they sell candyfloss there - oh, how I love candyfloss!!! 

This year it's on from 21st December - 15th January. Hope I got you interested? Sorry, don't have any pictures to share at the moment - anyone's been to Irn Bru Carnival?

@cdrack  @VisitScotlandMiriam ;@VisitScotlandJulie ;

‘I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list’ - Susan Sontag

• seawildearthseawildearth ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    The Highlands, battered Coastlines and hidden Islands are the best 'Theme Park' in Scotland. Full of Adrenalin, sure to give hours, days and weeks of pleasure to all family members, furry four legged one's included. You don't need neon, hotdogs and candy floss to make a holiday, just the wind in yer face, a bracing stride and the sheer spectacle of some of the most spellbinding scenery known to man. Oh, and an old pair of hillwalking boots...
    "A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"