Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

looking for things to see and do in Loch Eck/dunoon as a family

Hello everyone, I have booked a lodge stay at loch Eck with my husband and 6 year old and wondered if anyone has particular advice of great places to go or things to do as a family  around this area IN Oct ? Husband walks with a stick so big long walks are out . Thanks :)

Best Answer

Answers

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Hiya pm1,

We visited Dunoon recently & highly recommend visiting the Benmore Botanical Gardens. It's most striking feature, 49 American Redwoods, are located just after the entrance & a large (and very picturesque) part of the gardens is flat so you & your husband should be able to enjoy a leisurely stroll through the gardens.

We'd also highly recommend Puck's glen but there are a number of steps in the trail so it's not the most accessibility friendly.

Finally, the village to Inveraray is a short drive & is a unique, fun & scenic place to visit (the castle & the jail are big tourist draws).

Hope this helps :smile:
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, DunoonSpeyside)

• pm1pm1 Member
    Thank you very much for your rsuggestion. Mount stuart is great .We have stayed on Bute a couple of times and had a visit to the house :)
  • pm1pm1 Member
    Thank you horizons for all your suggestions too. Will definitley check out the gardens and the glen and might take a wee trip back to Inverary too :)