Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Your favourite videos of Scotland

There's some fantastic short videos being made by filmmakers across Scotland, so here's a place to post the best you've seen. Add your favourites or new videos which have caught your eye; whether it's amazing drone footage of Scotland's outdoors or timelapses of our beautiful cities, anything that makes you want to get out and experience Scotland will fit in here.

Here's a new one from time-lapse filmmaker Walid Salhab to get us started:

Comments

• ananyahananyah Member ✭✭
    This is incredible! Scotland looks so beautiful  <3
    Visit Scotland Community Ambassador
    Glasgow Based Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blogger
    Blog | Twitter | Instagram
  • VisitScotlandIntroVisitScotlandIntro Administrator
    It's good isn't it?

Here's another lovely one I found recently:

• DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    This gives me goosebumps! Same with the #Scotspirit campaign videos. I just want to retire and become an explorer of Scotland! ;)

I <3 the Danny Macaskill Skye Ridge video too.
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • FunkyEllas_TravelFunkyEllas_Travel VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    This is Raasay and the Cullen Mountains of Skye, I took it recently on the north route around the Applecross Pininsula on the west coast. Easily one of most beautiful panoramas I've ever seen. So peaceful too!
    Nicola Holland
    Scottish Travel writer/blogger.
    Ask me anything about Scotland including eating and drinking, travelling with the family, history, the cities and the countryside.
    You can follow me here
    Blog|Twitter|Facebook| Instagram
  • FunkyEllas_TravelFunkyEllas_Travel VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    I can't seem to post a video
    Nicola Holland
    Scottish Travel writer/blogger.
    Ask me anything about Scotland including eating and drinking, travelling with the family, history, the cities and the countryside.
    You can follow me here
    Blog|Twitter|Facebook| Instagram
  • TheChaoticScotTheChaoticScot Member ✭✭✭
    This gives me goosebumps! Same with the #Scotspirit campaign videos. I just want to retire and become an explorer of Scotland! ;)

I <3 the Danny Macaskill Skye Ridge video too.
    I was just going to say the Danny Macaskill video! It gives me serious vertigo but I love it! Such a talented laddie  :)
    Follow my adventures on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram 

Have a wee nosey at my blog  

Former tour guide and current blether. Edinburgh girl whose <3 is in the Scottish Islands. Talk to me about scenic walks, photography, places to eat, public transport, exciting adventures and history  :)
  • I can't seem to post a video
    Hi Nicola, if you copy and paste a link from YouTube or Vimeo it should work and display the video within your post. Unfortunately due to size limits we're not able to upload video files. Let me know if you're still having issues! 
  • VisitScotlandNikkiVisitScotlandNikki Administrator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited May 2016

Check this one out - 4 minutes of wonderful Cairngorms footage from the air - what landmarks can you spot in this video?
    edited May 2016
    What about this one? Danny Macaskill and his stunning mountain biking tricks in Aviemore!

@VisitScotlandNikki that's so brilliant! I can hear all the kids now "when I grow up I want to be like Danny MacAskill" :).
  • OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine Member ✭✭✭

The famous Flying Scotsman stream train crossing the Forth Railway Bridge on Sunday 15th May 2016.  

The Flying Scotsman crossing the Forth Bridge 15.5.16 from Peter Keith on Vimeo.

What about an interactive 360⁰ video of Edinburgh Castle? How beautiful does the city look from above!

Let's continue the mountain biking theme then with this... a wee video we made with Ruaridh Cunningham, a professional mountain bike racer.

• VisitScotlandIntroVisitScotlandIntro Administrator
    Here's a video I found this morning - Spectacular Scotland by Mo Thomson. It's a stunner! Definitely worth watching in high-definition if your computer can cope with it.

• VisitScotlandEstherVisitScotlandEsther Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Here's another one from YouTube, posted by James Farley, who spent two weeks touring Scotland taking some fabulous drone footage as he went.

This video includes shots of Eilean Donan castle, Skye and the Glenfinnan (Hogwarts!) viaduct.

@VisitScotlandEsther  Wow brilliant video! I really love the waves at the end. Drones capturing Scotland :)
  • seawildearthseawildearth Member ✭✭
    The idea of Eigg and the story of the community buyout and subsequent ventures into renewable and sustainable power supply is pretty cool. 

"A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"