Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

How to walk the forth road bridge one way?

i would like to walk the bridge with my father and one way would do it for us.
1 Is there a means of transport to get back?
2 which way would give us the best views as we walk?

Comments

• VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Dottie!

Welcome to the community! :)

The Forth Road Bride offers some amazing views over the Firth of Forth, whichever direction you choose to walk.  There are two paths; the east path and the west path which are 2.5km (or just over 1.5 mile) long, but keep an eye on the Forth Road Bridge website as there will be some path maintenance taking place during early October so only one path will be available at times.
    There's a handy map of the paths  and this also shows the nearest rail stations and directions to the starting point. 

I wonder if any other community members have walked across the bridge and could share their experiences?

• FofomaFofoma Member ✭✭✭
    There are bus stops either side of the bridge so you could walk across and catch a bus back.  Call Traveline Scotland on 0871 200 22 33 for times. If you can walk on the RHS as you face the bridge - then you get a great view of the Rail Bridge and across to Fife. That also means you are on the right side of the road to catch a bus back.