Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Best places in Scotland to go fishing - for free

Looking for the best places to cast my rod into the sea, what I could catch and best times of year for this?

Comments

• VisitScotlandNikkiRVisitScotlandNikkiR Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Fishjagger what area are you looking to fish? Although not a fishing person myself a webpage that I tend to use is http://http//www.fishpal.com/Scotland/index.asp?dom=Scotland hope this is of some help :) 
  • FishjaggerFishjagger Member ✭✭
    @VisitScotlandNikkiR that is brilliant thank you for that - didn't know that website existed - one for the favourites! I'm looking at fishing around the west coast, usually from the rocks casting into the sea but thinking of trying fly flashing soon! Thanks again for your help  :)
  • Have a look at the world sea fishing forum too - they have reports from all over scotland:
    Search for scottish shore reports on the world sea fishing forum

Also for Skye and Lochalsh area:

Google "fishing on skye"

We'll be there in September and looking forward to fishing loch duich again - sorry did try and post links but I'm a newbie and it won't let me post links just yet

• VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I don't fish myself but lots of people sea-fish from the beach at Arbroath West Links and no permits are required for that.
  • VisitScotlandEstherVisitScotlandEsther Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited September 2016
    Hi @andybbourne and @Fishjagger

I think these are the sites you mentioned:

P.S. @andybbourne I've upgraded you to fully fledged member status, so you should be able to post links now  ;)