Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

April in Scotland: what you’ll need

VisitScotlandAmyVisitScotlandAmy Member
edited October 2016 in Planning and Practicalities

Spring is a great time to explore Scotland, when the mountains are still capped with snow, the air not quite so chilly and many attractions are opening for the start of a new season.

But as any Scot will tell you, it’s entirely possible to experience four seasons in one day. Beach in the sun in the morning, snowing in the afternoon.

So bring your woollies.

You can't go wrong with welly boots and waterproofs. After all there’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.

Heading uphill? Then forget the flip flops and invest in good walking boots.

The only certainty about Scotland in April, is that anything could happen. It’s part of the fun! 

Tagged:

Comments

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    4 seasons in one day! You can get 4 seasons in one hour but as you say it's all part of the fun. I've eaten al fresco in glorious sunshine this time of year on Mull and Iona even catching a wee bit of sun. 

Great advice re footwear too as much as I love my flip flops I'd never set foot on a hillside in them. Hiking boots or trail shoes are a must. 
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• NatbeesFashionNatbeesFashion Member ✭✭
    I always carry around a scarf with me in case it gets cold or need to cover up from rain ;)
    Follow my trip around Scotland here  :)
    Also ask me any questions on Instagram or Twitter if you are visiting Aberdeen anytime soon and you need recommendations. 
  • eliseandlifeeliseandlife VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭
    Definitely a waterproof jacket and shoes, and bringing a scarf is good advice too :)
  • JefMJefM VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭
    Be ready for 4 seasons in one day. So good weatherproof and windproof clothes are required. For shoes good waterproof walking shoes. The ground is still saturated of water, so you want to go for a long walk be prepared.