Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Weekly Q&A Thread – Ask Us Anything!

This is your chance to ask the community any burning questions you have. Visiting Scotland in the near future? Scottish local but travelling to a new area? Post your questions below!

Tagged:

Comments

• DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    This might be a strange silly question ... but I'll ask anyway :)

Would Visit Scotland ever think of creating a basic online training course for people to learn about some of our Scottish history and culture? I think lots of tourists possibly try and learn a bit about Scotland before they visit.

Watching or listening to videos, then taking part in a questionnaire with multiple choice questions is a great way to learn. You could also give people the chance to keep taking the questionnaires until they get 100%.

I recently took part in this type of training and found it quite enjoyable and a good way to remember and learn.

You could just have some fun questionnaires to test our knowledge of Scotland or even turn it into an online game :).
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine Member ✭✭✭
    Great suggestion @DMWScotland we will certainly discuss internally and let you know the outcome.  
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    We are going to Harris on the Uig to Tarbert ferry in October.  It's our first time to the Outer Hebrides - any tips or hints from seasoned travellers out there?  We are taking our dog too - can dogs get seasick??!!