Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Does anyone know suitable trails in the North East of Scotland for wheelchair users?

I live in Scotland (I'm lucky), the north east but since receiving treatment for cancer, I lost one of my lower limbs, I've really missed walking in beautiful Scottish trails. I've visited most of the castles in Scotland and walked the trails as a child. So it was my favourite past time, does anyone know any trails near by that a wheelchair user could do? Please remember that I can not walk as my prosthetic leg is too small and I can't afford a special bike.  Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• You might find Walks with Wheelchairs a useful site as you can filter by region, distance etc for routes that will suit you.

There is also a leaflet here which lists a few walks you might want to consider.

Hope that helps, let us know if you find any really good places  :)
  • Rachel26Rachel26 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, I haven't heard of that link before but I'll give anything ago (with someone helping push me). I'll let you know how I get on as I didn't know what it was like in a wheelchair until I was in one. My favourite pass time was walking in the country too. Again thank you Rachel