Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Planning a road trip for Dad

Hi Everyone

My brother and I are planning to take Dad on a road trip to Scotland in August for 8 nights. We will be travelling from Lancashire to spend a first night in Oban and would then plan an itinerary from there. We want to include distilleries, boat trips, island hopping, castles and battlefields - the beautiful scenery is a given. We are happy to stay in several B&Bs, hotels etc. My only issue is that Dad is 79 and not great on his feet so want to avoid too much walking. It's a beautiful country and we want to make sure that whilst it's only 8 nights, we want him to have an amazing time.

I would welcome any itinerary ideas to help me plan this special trip.

Thank you for reading 

Phil

Comments

• BineBine Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi @Phil1968 , sounds like a great idea! We did a roundtrip 2010 and started here .newlanark.org
    Then had two night in Oban, visited the distillery and enjoyed the scenery. We then went on to theoldmanselochcarron.com
    Nice to do an Isle of Skye roundtrip. 
    Then on to Inverness to explore Loch Ness, Inverness and Fort Williams. Stayed here inverness-loch-ness.co.uk, great house. Finale we went to Edinburgh for the last days. Hope you have a good time! Kind regards Bine
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie ✩ Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @Phil1968

You might like to take inspiration from this island hopping itinerary 

Islay would be great for the finest tour of whisky distilleries.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭ ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    [Deleted Content]