Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Popular types of food in Scotland

2»

Comments

• LeodhasachLeodhasach Member ✭✭
    I love veggie haggis too so will allow you to stay.  :D @Leodhasach
    I'll let you off, as long as you don't feed it to your dog :)
    For music reviews and previews in Inverness and the Highlands: http://invernessgigs.co.uk/
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/@leodhasach
  • LizaLiza Member
    I really like a haggis, neeps and tatties. And cullen skink. I miss it in Russia. :/

• We should be proud too of our Scottish Ice-cream & as July is Ice-cream month & its the school holidays, take a look at our suggestions across Scotland on our blog www.scotlandsforall.co.uk

www.scotlandsforall.co.uk
    Blog promoting all things Countryside in Scotland

• ZubenelgenubiZubenelgenubi Member ✭✭
    Liza said:
    I really like a haggis, neeps and tatties. And cullen skink. I miss it in Russia. :/

Cullen Skink.... awesome. Going to buy a tin tonight :D
    Awaiting arrival of witty signature.
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I love beetroot and oatcakes along with my stovies.  :)
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Fit aboot a Forfar Bridie, still warm with that delicious short pastry - eat it out the paper bag, it's the perfect end to that cycle, walk or motorbike ride. Buy them from Sadlers or McLarens, both in the High Street. 
  • johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr Member ✭✭✭

So many to choose from. Seafood, fresh produce from the land, meats, fruits, cheeses.

We are truly spoilt.  I do enjoy Scotch Pancakes though. They were so good from Baxters in Fochabers.

I had an amazing Steak at Plockton Shores.

Has anyone tried The Wee Restaurant in North Queensferry?

• johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr Member ✭✭✭
    Oh, also a Mince Pie from Barnett's (various shops in the East Neuk) and duck from the Michelin Star Restaurant, The Cellar in Anstruther.
  • CatzCatz Member ✭✭
    I like venison with a red wine sauce, that's one of my favourite treats. Haggis is good too as long as you have it with the neeps and tatties, although my favourite has to be fresh fish from the East Neuk of Fife, you can buy it straight from the local fish sheds in St Monans or one of the merchants has opened a stall on Pittenweem harbour next to the fish market which should be great ! Open for the summer, I'm heading along next week to try it out.
  • BertVerninskBertVerninsk Member ✭✭
    When i was on holiday in Glencoe I went to the fish n chip shop in Kinlochleven which does Stronoway haggis suppers (don't think they do a non-veggie but they might haha) Which is a totally different tasting haggis from usual haggis - must be a special Stornoway thing. Worth a try if your up that way.
    Where wit may sparkle all its rays,
    Uncurs’d with caution’s fears;
    That pleasure, basking in the blaze, Rejoice for endless years. (R.B)
2»