Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Best village for Hogmanay

Hi

My family and I would like to visit Scotland for Hogmanay but ideally Id like to be in a town or village (or Edinburgh or Glasgow if that's best).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• ZubenelgenubiZubenelgenubi Member ✭✭
    Linlithgow is a really nice town. The train station is right there and it's 25 mins to Edinburgh and 35 (ish?) to Glasgow. 

The palace is there too, nice country park, loch etc... 

Awaiting arrival of witty signature.
  • OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine Member ✭✭✭
    @jcoo take a look at the previous discussions on Hogmanay in Scotland.  For further inspiration please check out the Visitscotland website on celebrating Hogmanay in Scotland.  :)
  • GaryburnsGaryburns Member
    Edinburgh is really THE place to be at Hogmany...any parties in tows and villages are normally restricted to hotels and people's homes.     Even Glasgow recently has ceased the party in the square, although Ashton Lane in the West end is a great place to see in the new year
  • ZarabelleZarabelle Member ✭✭
    Edinburgh at Hogmanay is spectacular! There is such an incredible buzz in the city and the fireworks at midnight are magical!
  • BushmanBushman Member ✭✭
    Stonehaven has the spectacular  Fireball festival. 

• hamerrhamerr Member
    I had a really good time last New Year in Balmaha at the Oak Tree Inn.
  • IreneGIreneG Member ✭✭
    Personally I think Edinburgh is the best place to experience Hogmany . You will not be disappointed as the festivities and build up to Hogmany begin a few days before . Something to suit all ages , most important a great Scottish welcome and atmosphere!