Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Which is your favourite part of the Outer Hebrides?

VisitScotlandStephenVisitScotlandStephen Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
edited October 2016 in Scotland's Islands
ebridea

Which is your favourite part of the Outer Hebrides? 33 votes

Lewis
30%
VisitScotAnnieroseVisitScotlandStephenVisitScotlandNikkiRVisitScotlandBrianLeodhasachJessMacvictoriaharvey_jeannisbetSisterBJTeani 10 votes
Harris
33%
Samantha_GrantJ.MoFishjaggerVisitScotlandKimSuzieDbeenjamminwillmackenzieScathachEachpeachpearplumMarionMRMeikeVK 11 votes
Berneray
3%
FullStopNextChapter 1 vote
North Uist
3%
TroubleToots 1 vote
Benbecula
3%
islandhopper 1 vote
South Uist
3%
Duncan 1 vote
Eriskay
0%
Barra
9%
gerardmccuskerargyllgirlspoots 3 votes
Vatersay
3%
Standfree1 1 vote
St. Kilda
12%
ElaineRIdaToreyVDVKelpie 4 votes

Comments

• VisitScotlandNikkiRVisitScotlandNikkiR Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Lewis
    @VisitScotlandStephen very hard to choose from as they are all beautiful, and worth a vote
  • IdaIda Member
    St. Kilda
    Agree all have wild beauty..:)
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Harris
    I loved the tiny little island of Scalpay off the coast of Harris.  The bridge across from Harris was amazing. 

The Outer Hebrides are stunning as are the Inner Hebrides. I do love an island trip. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• LeodhasachLeodhasach Member ✭✭
    Lewis
    The only correct answer to this question is Lewis of course. :smile: 

Nothing better than a bracing walk along Eoropie Beach during a proper Hebridean gale. 
    For music reviews and previews in Inverness and the Highlands: http://invernessgigs.co.uk/
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/@leodhasach
  • FishjaggerFishjagger Member ✭✭
    Harris
    I loved the tiny little island of Scalpay off the coast of Harris.  The bridge across from Harris was amazing. 

The Outer Hebrides are stunning as are the Inner Hebrides. I do love an island trip. 

@VisitScotlandStephen this wee island should have definitely been in the poll ;-)
  • FishjaggerFishjagger Member ✭✭
    Harris
    The only correct answer to this question is Lewis of course. :smile: 

Nothing better than a bracing walk along Eoropie Beach during a proper Hebridean gale. 
    Thought I better try out the disagree button for the first time @Leodhasach ;-) although in all fairness Lewis is beautiful also - they are all unique and beautiful in their own way. My granny's side of the family came from Lewis, near the border to Harris. 
  • VisitScotlandEstherVisitScotlandEsther Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi folks, I've moved this into the islands section to make it a little easier to find.
  • ScathachScathach Member ✭✭
    Harris
    Harris.
    You can't beat the rugged landscapes... and then it has Luskentyre beach.