Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

[Deleted Content]

[Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭ ✭✭✭✭
[Deleted Content]

Comments

• OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine ✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭
    @Samantha_Grant totally forgot about this place thanks for the reminder.  Now I need to find an excuse to be driving by so I can pop in for a bacon roll  :) :D
  • johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr ✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭
    Wow, great topic. 

In Pitscottie, there's a charming wee tea room with lovely staff called the White Chimneys. Good bacon butties here. 

We should develop a Scotland Bacon Roll Trail :smile:
  • ZubenelgenubiZubenelgenubi ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Samantha_Grant Just got my excuse to stop here next time I go to Dundee :D 
    Awaiting arrival of witty signature.
  • ZubenelgenubiZubenelgenubi ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    also @Samantha_Grant I can't get your blog to load :( Probably something wrong on my end!
    Awaiting arrival of witty signature.
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison ✩ Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    My best buttie was at the Boat Shed down at the loch at Pitlochry (go down the road pas the Green Park Hotel).  Absolutely fab.... could go one right now actually!
  • FishjaggerFishjagger ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    JJs cafe near Fort William - although i will have too change this a bit as they have also the best square sausage rolls in Scotland from a local butcher - delicious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭ ✭✭✭✭
    [Deleted Content]
    [Deleted Content]
    [Deleted Content]
    [Deleted Content]
    @Samantha_Grant Well I highly recommend that from JJs cafe - or double up with a piece of Stornoway Black pudding on it - triple it with a fried egg and that is perfect!  You will find JJs cafe next to Farm Foods just outside Fort William - at the Mallaig roundabout at the BP garage, head towards Mallaig and Farm foods and JJs Cafe is just across the river!  Let me know if you try it!
    [Deleted Content]
    @Samantha_Grant excellent - so you will know where JJS cafe is just across the river at the roundabout. Tell Jane and John that you were recommended to try it - it's the local square sausage that is the king. A butcher from Banavie that makes it i think - and a huge portion you get!
  • LeodhasachLeodhasach ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    The Redburn cafe on the A887 out from Invermoriston do brilliant bacon rolls. A great wee stop if you're heading out to Skye from Inverness and fancy somewhere to stop for a bite to eat. 
    For music reviews and previews in Inverness and the Highlands: http://invernessgigs.co.uk/
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/@leodhasach
  • TartanLightTartanLight ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    If you're walking the Fife Coastal Path and find yourself in Leven, there is a wee cafe next to the KwikFit garage on the seafront called The Beach Snack Bar - they do bacon rolls with Puddledub Bacon which is local, and you can also get square sausage if you're extra hungry.  
  • SuzieDSuzieD ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    My tip is the Ballinluig Motor Grill on the A9 about 20 miles north of Perth. It's a good mid-way stop when driving south to north. Nothing better than a bacon roll and a big mug of tea to keep you going!  Travelling north, you can get across to it via the junction for the A827. 
  • seafari1seafari1 ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    Has to be Castle Stalker View cafe !