Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

[Deleted Content]

[Deleted Content]

Comments

• VisitScotlandSheenaVisitScotlandSheena Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited June 2016
    Fantastic images and walks @Samantha_Grant. I'm particularly keen to try North Berwick Law as it's been on my list for ages. 

There are so many walks to choose from...

I live in West Lothian and a few weeks back (with antihistamines at the ready), I did part of the walk from Uphall to Binny Craig hill. We didn't make it to the top, but the views back down over the fields were lovely. 

And thankfully, despite what the images suggest - the rain didn't make an appearance!

Also keen to follow more of the John Muir Way as I know there are great views along it too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭
    [Deleted Content]
  • ElaineRElaineR VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite walks in the Scottish Borders is the Duchess' Drive walk at Bowhill near Selkirk. The ascent is very gradual but you are still rewarded with fantastic panoramic views across the region. Plan to take your break at the grouse butts which provide excellent shelter from the wind and also a convenient place to sit to enjoy your lunch whilst looking out at one of the best views you'll find anywhere in the region

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/borders/duchess-drive.shtml
  • EileanDonanEileanDonan Member ✭✭
    The Quiraing on Skye is one of the most rewarding and spectacular walks in the country. We recommend it too thousands of people every year and its suitable for all ages too! Not a difficult walk at all, but it offers incredible panoramas!
  • I climbed up North Berwick Law the other week, and what a view!! It was amazing! Could see both Bass Rock and Tantallon Castle from the top. I have some nice photos from that day but I cant upload them yet it says when I try.. I have to be around a little longer it says. I will upload them once I am allowed :) 
    scottishmoments.com #scottishmoments @scottishmoments