Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Winterfell (Doune Castle)

Fans of Games of Thrones will recognise Winterfell if they make a trip to Doune Castle.  

© Heartland | Dollar Photo Club

It's a pretty famous castle as it's also featured in Outlander as Castle Leoch and in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Has anyone been? I think I'd need to bring my coconut shells and recreate that scene from Monty Python if I were to visit :smile:

Comments

• DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    I've been :). They have coconuts you can borrow and an audio of Monty Python and the Holy Grail that you can listen to as you explore. I think they might have Outlander now too. Beautiful castle, I loved the feel of it :).
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • I've been :). They have coconuts you can borrow and an audio of Monty Python and the Holy Grail that you can listen to as you explore. I think they might have Outlander now too. Beautiful castle, I loved the feel of it :).
    Haha - that's brilliant!  Definitely going on my bucket list now.  Maybe a good one to take my Dad too for Fathers Day which is fast approaching :)
  • ZubenelgenubiZubenelgenubi Member ✭✭
    Epic @ewan . Getting into astrophotography is on my to do list. I had no idea this castle had a Game of Thrones connection!

Loved the narrow staircases and such when I was there. 
    Awaiting arrival of witty signature.
  • LaineyfaefifeLaineyfaefife Member ✭✭
    We visited on a roasting hot day and really enjoyed a walk along the River Teith behind the castle to cool off.  We didn't borrow any coconuts but we did still clip, clop!