Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Family-friendly day out in Glasgow

OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine Member ✭✭✭
 Glasgow has plenty family-friendly places to explore and when the sun shines it is simply glorious!  Glasgow Botanic Gardens is very popular with families and such an easy location to get to.  I spent a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon explore with my 12 year old daughter, we spent time in the glasshouses and enjoyed an ice-cream on the grass and watched the world go by.  The West end of Glasgow is full of independent shops, restaurants and bars which are all family-friendly and during the month of June the West end festival takes place with children entertainers and face-painting etc.   My top 6 things to do in Glasgow with my daughter:-
1. Glasgow Botanic Gardens 
2. Glasgow Riverside Museum a lovely modern museum located by the side of the River Clyde which houses some of the finest examples of cars and other forms of transports with over 3,000 objects to explore there is plenty to keep adults and children interested and busy.  Berthed outside you will find the Tall Ship, Glenlee, the UK's only floating Clyde-built sailing ship and also free to enter. Step on board this impressive ship where you will find all sorts to entertain the kids including an under 5s play area in the cargo hold to a mouse hunt!
3. More Museum, plenty to choose from in Glasgow with one right in the City centre Gallery of Modern Art hosts lots of different exhibitions and the building is beautiful inside and definitely worth a visit.
4. Snow Factor the indoor ski-center just 10 minutes from Glasgow City centre is the perfect day out and great fun for all the family.  Once the skiing is done there are plenty of restaurants and shops to explore in the Braehead shopping centre. 
5. Pollock Country Park  Great place for a family picnic and exploring the Burrell collection and feeling as if you're miles away from the City but actually you are only 10 minutes from the City center.
6. Glasgow Science Centre a great rain day activity with so much to see, touch and experience, we've spent hours here and it never fails to delight.

It would be great to build on this list so please add ideas and suggestions to this conversation  :)