Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Oldest pubs

Hi everyone. Travelling with my wife to the Highlands this summer, anyone can post a list of the oldest and most colorful pubs? Looking for real old placed, those that have not been totally renovated and so keep the charm of the old stones.

Thank you!

Comments

• VisitScotlandSarahWVisitScotlandSarahW Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited May 28
    Hi @Sergestus39. Have a look at this list in the Scotland Magazine; they have a good suggestions. Here is a link to traditional pubs in The Highlands on our VisitScotland website. 

I personally love the Globe Inn in Dumfries, but not sure if you will have time to go as it is the other end of the country, maybe next time! I'm sure my fellow community users will have some more ideas.

I hope this helps.  :)