Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Moderate priced place to stay around Edinburgh

My husband and I will be in Edinburgh on September 13th for one night. We will be driving in that morning so need a place that we can park the rental car. Have checked some AirBnB places. Hotels or B&B's under $100...any suggestions
Karen

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Clannessie, all I can suggest is that you stay out of the city. Edinburgh is not the best place to park your car.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @Clannessie

I have done a search here for your date from VisitScotland's accommodation provider listings. You can refine the search using the filter on the left side of the page. This will give you an idea of what is possible for that date. There are lots of B&Bs around the Southside of Edinburgh (Minto Street, Mayfield Gardens) which will have parking spaces, allowing you to take a bus or walk in to the city centre. Also Pilrig Street (East-end near Leith Walk) has B&Bs which will have a parking space and opportunity to walk or get a bus to the city centre. I'm sure you will find something suitable.
  • Mdt59Mdt59 Member
    Hi, My wife and I will be in Edinburg by mid October. Need a place to stay where it near public transportation. It'll be our first time to visit Scotland, will have around 5 full days. Any suggestions where to stay and visit? 

• numlocknumlock Member
    edited July 10
    @Clannessie
    Leith.  Free parking everywhere.
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @Mdt59

You will find public transport in Edinburgh very easy to use - the Lothian bus service can get you all around the city with relative ease.

I often suggest my guests stay in Stockbridge when visiting the city as it has lovely restaurants, shops and cafes and is also only a short walk to town (or an even shorter bus ride!)

As for what to do - why not check out Things to See & Do in Edinburgh.  You will also have enough time for a day trip to Glasgow (a lovely train ride from Waverley Station - or if you'd like to make it even cheaper, book online with MegaBus). Here are some suggestions on what to do in Glasgow with a short amount of time. 

Hope this helps!

Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram