Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Cape Wrath?

Planning our first trip to Scotland next April.  I just stumbled on the Cape Wrath lighthouse on the far NW corner of the main island.  The pictures I've seen of Cape and the surrounding area look incredible.  But it looks like it's incredibly difficult to get to, with the Cape Wrath ferry being hit or miss.  We'd be coming from Inverness, and after we were done at Cape Wrath we'd be heading to Ullapool for the night (maybe).

So the question is, is Cape Wrath worth the time?  If we go to Cape Wrath that might mean we have to shave a day off of our time in Glasgow at the end of the trip (we'll be in-country for 2 weeks).  I don't want to try cramming too much into the trip, but at the same time I want to see as much as possible.  Thanks.

Comments