Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Top Tips and Hidden Scotland!

VisitScotlandChristyVisitScotlandChristy Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
We wanna know your top tips when visiting Scotland and where the best hidden places are!  :) Prettiest hidden waterfall? Best pub? Most amazing views in Scotland?

Share your best hidden gems of Scotland!

Comments

• MaxyneMaxyne Member
    Hi there!

For this summer I would like to work in a B&B in Scotland. This because I want to realize my dream for opening my own ECO B&B (and small event location in Scotland, in the future). 

Hopefully you can help me find a contact (B&B or Holiday Home) where they need an hands-on HNC Hotelmanagement graduate for this summer?

Hope to hear from you soon, thank you in advance! 
    Kind regards, Maxyne from Amsterdam

• AdamWattsAdamWatts Member
    Hello fine people! 
    I have an awesome collection of photos taken on The Ben for you to enjoy & share if you like over at 
    http://wp.me/p7vqZt-4G

Hope you enjoy :) 

• johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr Member ✭✭✭
    Clachtoll Beach  <3 Near Lochinver on the North Coast 500 

• jackcairneyjackcairney VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Nice topic!  A little hidden gem of mine from the north east coast of Scotland is a places called Fowlsheugh it's a RSPB  Nature Reserve with amazing clifftop views and over 130,000 seabirds, when I last visited I seen some Puffins up close and also a pod of Dolphins! It's a really is a special place and only 5 minutes from Dunnotter Castle in Stonehaven.  On a good day you can see the castle in the background :)  Here is some more info https://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/rspb-scotland-fowlsheugh-nature-reserve-p1400581

• EdinBrawGaryEdinBrawGary VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Maxyne said:
    Hi there!

For this summer I would like to work in a B&B in Scotland. This because I want to realize my dream for opening my own ECO B&B (and small event location in Scotland, in the future). 

Hopefully you can help me find a contact (B&B or Holiday Home) where they need an hands-on HNC Hotelmanagement graduate for this summer?

Hope to hear from you soon, thank you in advance! 
    Kind regards, Maxyne from Amsterdam

Hey @Maxyne - when we stayed at The Lazy Duck I'm pretty sure they said many of their staff are travelling through. Might be worth taking a look, it's a stunning place http://lazyduck.co.uk/
    Gary Wood - Blogger at EdinBraw - The Best of Edinburgh
    Passionate about Edinburgh's food and festival scene and slowly starting to explore Scotland. 
    Find me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
  • johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Poppy Field Hunting  <3 Lower Largo, Fife 

• Caranderson1Caranderson1 Member ✭✭
    Argyll ticks all the boxes - good food, archaeology, wildlife, scenery - would recommend a visit. 
  • spootsspoots Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Papa Westray (Papay), in Orkney.  Photos from my Instagram.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    [Deleted Content]