Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Hitting the Heights in the Outer Hebrides

For many, myself included, the Outer Hebrides are amongst the most magical places on earth.

Home to jaw-dropping beaches, characterful locals and rugged, untouched landscapes....there's just something in the air. When the chance of a trip to the Isles of Harris and Lewis with Wilderness Scotland came up, I knew this wasn't going to be a week fast forgotten. Offering a tour of some of the top hiking routes in the area - with some history, wildlife and beach time thrown in - this is a fabulous opportunity to get off the beaten track in a part of the world that doesn't even have a beaten track. Even for a relatively clued-up visitor, the experience opened my eyes to new areas and I saw this spectacular place in a very different light.

Lasting a full week, this walking tour is perfect for moderate levels of fitness and will involve getting to the highest points including the mighty Clisham as well as more relaxed coastal wanders. Accommodation, transport and food is included leaving guests the time to just focus on the moment and enjoy the brilliant outdoors. You'll be with a great bunch of like-minded travellers and under the expert care of experienced and knowledgeable local guides. Expect laughs, food for the soul and a hatful of great memories to bring home.

You can read the full account of my trip, ogle at the visuals and get the tour's essential details on the blog.

Scotland travel blogger and writer with a wee bit of photography and video thrown in. Love nothing more than exploring my home country and have a particular leaning towards the outdoors, history and our national drink.

You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Tumblr.