Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Camping in/near Glasgow

My wife and I are arriving at the Glasgow airport in the morning on June 3 and meeting the rest of our family when they arrive June 4.  We will be renting a car and travelling around Scotland for a few days with our family then the rest of the month just the two of us.  Any suggestions for a place to pitch our tent in or near Glasgow?
Tagged:

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    Do you want something very close to the airport or someplace scenic? For the latter, I recommend Luss Camping club on the shores of Loch Lomond a 30 min taxi ride north from the airport, it is one of the most beautiful campsites probably in Scotland.

For nearby, I don't have any personal recommendations but checkout the map search on ukcampsite.co.uk I use the website and its reviews heavily to find campsites. Hope this helps.
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)
  • Bill_4Bill_4 Member
    That you very much.  We will look into that for our second night once our girls arrive and will see what we can find in the city or closer for our first night.
  • VisitScotlandLyndsayVisitScotlandLyndsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Bill_4, how about The Red Deer Village Campsite? Its just to the North East of Glasgow city centre, so may be ideal for your first night?  Have a great time, and please do pop into our VisitScotland iCentres to find out lots of great information about the areas you will be visiting.  :)

• Bill_4Bill_4 Member
    That is probably the best for is.  A little expensive with the currency exchange but it is in the city and looks nice.  We are camping for 4 weeks so lots of time to explore more rural areas during our visit.  Thank you.