Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Recreating movie scenes Scotland style!

2»

Comments

• johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

The Oscar winning Chariots of Fire. The opening scene with the famous music was shot at West Sands, St Andrews.

You could always re-create it with Land Yachts....

• You can ride into Killin on the national cycle route for a scene from The 39 Steps...

i may may also have pretended there is a killer bunny at Tomnadash Silver mine, between Ardeonaig and Ardtalnaig on South shore of Loch Tay, For the Search for The Holy Grail.

Doune Castle will lend you coconuts and suitable hamster insult for some more Monty Python Holy Grail fun...

Canoeing across Rannoch we did try to to the Being Scottish is Sh*te scene from trainspotting, but the place is so beautiful it's hard to.....
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    We're just home from a weekend in Mallaig and stopped off this morning to pay our respects to Dumbledore.  In the movie Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part I he's buried on Eilean na Moine in Loch Eilt.  It's a gorgeous spot, even in moody weather. 

We enjoyed a lovely walk on Camusdarach beach yesterday afternoon.  It features prominenly in the 1980s classic movie Local Hero.  You'll pass the wee church from that movie too at Lochailort sitting just off the road. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @Samantha_Grant I miss it there, love that beach. I didn't know that was the location of Dumbledore's grave. Aww wee Casper looks so cute and I love his scarf :).

I love little clusters of trees. They're scattered all over the place. When I was little there was cluster of trees across the dual carriageway near where I lived and I wanted to go there for a picnic, but it was too dangerous to cross the road. It still calls me even now when I pass in the car ... lol.

Great photos! :)
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
    I'm the same always drawn to them too.  This caught my eye en route to Mallaig and nagged at me. Couldn't work out how it was so familiar to me. When I googled Loch Eilt Harry Potter came up so decided to admire it up close on the way home. It's a gorgeous spot.  A perfect burial spot for a wizard.  

That's his new road-tripping neckerchief. Yesterday was nautical for a boat trip from Mallaig but it was cancelled due to rain and choppy seas. The beaches up thst way are so pretty. @DMWScotland
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• BrezBrez Member ✭✭
    Anyone catch the BBC's new adaptation of Joseph Conrad's The Secret Agent last night? Though set in Victorian London, it was a nice surprise to see extensive use of Glasgow City Chambers just a few minutes in.

If you've never seen inside, there are two free tours a day from Monday to Friday at 10.30 and 14.30 - as you can see from the show, it's breathtaking!

• ElaineRElaineR VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    On the West Highland Line to Mallaig you pass the remote train station on the Rannoch where Renton has his classic rant in Trainspotting and then you scoot over the Glenfinnan Viaduct AKA The Harry Potter Bridge.

Not bad for one train trip! 

Oh and I do <3 Outlander! 

Trainspotting 2 is currently being filmed in Edinburgh - Director Danny Boyle has been spotted out and about in the city with the 4 original cast members and the film crew. I believe that Ewan McGregor will be recreating the iconic run along Princes Street for the film sequel. It will be interesting to see which other locations around Scotland also make it into the sequel.
  • ElaineRElaineR VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    @DMWScotland @Samantha_Grant I visited Outlander's  Lallybroch Mill aka Preston Mill in East Lothian recently with Wee westies Coll and Skye. Unfortunately Jamie Fraser was not in the mill lade on this occasion ☹️

• DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Aww love wee westies, so cute @ElaineR! You probably didn't see Jamie as he was still holding his breath under the water ;). The Mill looks really pretty, on my 'to visit' list! Great photo! :)
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
    edited July 2016
    Och no Jamie. Drat.  He's never there when I visit either. I live on hope though.  :D

it's a gorgeous building, like a house fit for a hobbit. 

We were at Castle Leoch (Doune) yesterday and no sign of Jamie there either.

We spend a lot of time in that area as it's a great easy reach day trip from Edinburgh. My wee white dug loves Seacliff and Tyninghame beaches and the Smiddy Cafe in Tyninghame village is dog friendly outside in the courtyard.  It's a suntrap on a bright day and great for lunch. @elainer @DMWScotland

2»