Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Scotland in Bloom

VisitScotlandLyndsayVisitScotlandLyndsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

What a perfect time of year to explore our woodlands, parks and gardens with an abundance of colourful plants, shrubs and flowers on display. From the bright pinks of the cherry blossom tress, the vibrant blue carpets of bluebells on the woodland floor, and the rhododendrons and azaleas bursting with bright reds, purples, and yellow.

Why not visit one of Scotland’s Gardens and take pleasure in seeing the country in bloom?

With so many to choose from all over Scotland, I have listed just a few below;

www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/inverewe-garden-and-estate-p255481

www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/geilston-gardens-p255651

https://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/crarae-garden-p255051

https://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/dawyck-botanic-garden-p249681

Here are some of my own photos taken during recent walks around the area I live  :) <3

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

The Meadows are looking particularly beautiful at the moment! Great place for a picnic, a walk or a lie down with your book!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    These are just a few photos of what we have on offer in our garden at Torrdarach House in Pitlochry. The garden is an acre in total and has lots of different sections to it. We will, hopefully, open up our garden for a weekend to raise money for a local charity.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • Jennie_Dallas_1853Jennie_Dallas_1853 Member ✭✭
    We (my sister and I) visited Inverewe Gardens on our last visit to Scotland, and I can't recommend it highly enough.  We were there in the autumn, and I would love to see it in springtime.
  • argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    You left out the spectacular Benmore Botanic Gardens near me:  http://www.rbge.org.uk/the-gardens/benmore
  • MogMJMRMogMJMR Member ✭✭
    Scotland's Garden Scheme is really popular up in Aberdeenshire - a great chance to visit places not normally open to the public http://www.scotlandsgardens.org/gardens/district/1

Other Gardens not to miss in Aberdeen city include:
    Duthie Park's Winter Gardens - great for all weathers as fully indoors and at this time of year open right through until 7.30pm! Free to visit and Scotland's largest indoor gardens.  Aberdeen University's Botanical Gardens are another hidden Gem - outdoors but beautiful - great guide to these gardens here:
    https://www.abdn.ac.uk/events/documents/wildside.pdf - info about the gardens section 7.

Hope this helps some folk be tempted to visit our wee corner of Scotland :-)

#gardens #indoor #Aberdeen
    Mogmjmr
    Based in the Scottish Borders, Aberdeenshire has a special place in my heart.
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Princes Street Gardens were looking gorgeous the other day with the spring flowers in full bloom. 

I also love the gardens at Scone Palace, Crathes Castle and Glamis Castle too they're stunning.

Another favourite of mine which is luckily on my doorstep is the Kyoto Friendship Garden at Lauriston Castle in Edinburgh. 

In East Lothian, Archerfield Walled Garden is beautiful.  It has a fairy trail, willow walk and a traditional old walled garden. 

With the summer fast approaching I'm looking forward to Botanic Lights returning to the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh.  It was a spectacular event last year. 

We have so many beautiful gardens here in Scotland.

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I've been bluebell hunting this month. Dalkeith Country Park, Lauriston Castle in Edinburgh and Lower Largo in Fife were abundant with these vibrant little flowers. These photos were taken at Kiel's Den, Lower Largo. It is a bluebell lover's paradise.  :)

• JoolshornetJoolshornet Member ✭✭
    Visited Logan Botanic Gardens in Dumfries & Galloway last weekend, gorgeous and lovely to capture the scents as you walk through the different sections of the gardens.  Loved it.
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Kellie Castle Gardens in Fife were looking lovely yesterday, despite it being a gloomy day. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• VisitScotlandLyndsayVisitScotlandLyndsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    What beautiful photographs @VisitScotlandJulie and @Samantha_Grant ; <3 
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    There is a hidden gem just off the A932 Arbroath to Forfar Road, a garden called Pitmuies which is in the Scotland's Gardens Scheme.  It is cared for by just 2 people, there's an honesty box for admission, and is a tranquil little paradise.  
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    We had the pleasure of visiting Ardverikie Estate last week for their open garden day. They open only 1 afternoon per year and I can't believe we actually managed to get the time off from our busy schedule.
    It was an excellent afternoon in the gardens / grounds following the footsteps of Archie, Molly, Golly, Duncan, Lexie & not forgetting Kilwillie & Hector.
    Best regards
    fishypro