Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Hotel in Mull - Oban

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for a hotel to stay in while visiting Oban and Mull.  2 adults and 2 children (10 & 14).  We will be in the area in mid July.

Cheers,

Comments

• fishyprofishypro ✭✭✭
    Check out Tiroran House Hotel this is the best one if I were choosing where to stay.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • Thanks Fishypro!

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14
    @Nix23 Hi there, lucky you.  Mull is my favourite place in Scotland.  I love the Bellachroy in Dervaig.  Dervaig is a lovely little village.  The Bellachroy is an old inn which serves amazing food. 

I also love the Tobermory Hotel which sits right on the waterfront of the colourful main town. The Mishnish also in Tobermory has lovely rooms and a nice restaurant.  The Western Isles Hotel is a beautiful old building with phenomenal views.  It's recently under new ownership so money has been pumped into renovating it.  

I also enjoyed the Argyll Arms at Bunessan.  It's a basic inn, but the welcome was friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable and the food good. 

I've stayed all over the island from B&B, inn, self-catering and hotel and never been disappointed. 
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• We, as a family of 4, stayed at Ard Mhor, in Salen. The family room  was clean and good value for money. Breakfast was excellent...