Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Deer spotting!

VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

I snapped this picture last week when we parked at the King's House Hotel in Glen Coe. Pretty pleased the deer were so happy to put on their best poses for me!

Have you got a good deer snap from around Scotland? Where else is a good spot to see them in the wild? 

P.S It was 17 degree weather this day - not a cloud in sight and barely a breeze!
Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
Instagram

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    This was taken from our window whilst staying in a B&B near Inverness.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    The whole NW of Scotland, so many wild deer! There is a wee deer enclosure next to the village of Torridon as well for guaranteed deer spotting. When I went to feed them, I found myself surrounded by wild deer on the outside too. Here is a deer sniffing its behind :p

And of course, Jura where deer far outnumber the people.

I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside fest)

• jackcairneyjackcairney VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Great shot Amanda, the Kings House Hotel is an awesome place to see deer, you caught them on a smashing day there.

I have a few shots from the same location i'll share below, also some from Glen Etive :smile:

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Great photo @VisitScotlandAmanda I love the Kings House deer.  I always take them oatcakes so I can feed them.

My favourite spot is at Lochranza on Arran.  It's always hooching with stags.  I met an absolute beauty when I was there in February.  He didn't bother a jot about me watching him from close range. 

The Moor of Rannoch Hotel is another fab deer spotting location.  The small hotel is next to the remote Rannoch Station.  You can eat dinner and watch them grazing outside. 

I was lucky enough to witness a herd of them running on a snow covered hill behind Bridge of Orchy once, it was magical. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• Speyside_WildlifeSpeyside_Wildlife Member ✭✭
    For those visitors to Scotland that would like to book a professional wildlife guide, Speyside Wildlfie can arrange this for you. The days will be tailored to the species or locations you wish to try and see http://www.speysidewildlife.co.uk/Holidays.aspx?location=Day Guiding