Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Afternoon tea on the Union Canal - Edinburgh

FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
I recently had a rather lovely couple of hours aboard the Lochrin Belle on the Union Canal in Edinburgh. 
If you are looking to do something a bit different this could be it! You can read all about my trip on my here on my blog.

The Re-Union Canal Boat people also do other trips and day hire - well worth looking at.

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I used to walk along the Union Canal when I lived in Harrison Gardens - I just had to cross Harrison park and I could go for miles!! Many happy memories although you do have to watch out for cyclists as it's quite narrow. I really like the redevelopment of Edinburgh Quay with the barges and the restaurants - very nice atmosphere. Thanks @FullStopNextChapter for the pictures and for sharing your experience!