Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Share your epic road trip footage

VisitScotlandHeatherVisitScotlandHeather Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
edited May 5 in Touring and Road Trips

Have you just been or are planning a road trip in and around Scotland?  Then we need you!

Rather than sending out a film crew, on a day with best conditions and with the fanciest production equipment, our multimedia team would love to create a road trip video using your footage from all over Scotland.

We want people out on the road to film themselves and the things they are seeing … and it doesn’t need to by on state of the art cameras – anything that shoots HD would be perfect

I’ve attached a little handy guide, detailing the types of themes we’re looking for along with a few tips on how to capture the best footage.

Once you’ve got your footage, you can email it to multimedia@visitscotland.com (with a dropbox or we transfer link if the files are large) or if it’s on youtube, simply post the link in a comment below for us all to see! You don't need to edit the footage, our team will piece it all together to make one epic video.

Happy road tripping!

Tagged:

Comments

• argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    I am going on a trip to Orkney in 9 days and will be driving and using a Gopro on the dash.  If it's not raining I'll have footage of the Rest and Be Thankful, Glencoe, and other sites on the way to Orkney, and on Orkney. 
  • VisitScotlandHeatherVisitScotlandHeather Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Sounds fantastic @argyllgirl ; :)
  • jackcairneyjackcairney VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Hey Heather,

This is an exciting idea :smile:

I'm getting more into video recently and have a few clips you are welcome to use if they suit the project, i'll e-mail some across to you via youtube.

Look forward to seeing the video  :)

Cheers

Jack 
  • willmackenziewillmackenzie Member ✭✭
    I love this idea!

I've just been editing some footage from driving down the Quiraing ridge in Skye tonight, coincidentally.

I'll send this in, but I have a two minute video from my NC500 adventure last summer that I hope will be of interest... http://vimeo.com/174447510

Good luck with the project!
    Edinburgh | Highlands of Scotland | Part-time explorer
    > My Instagram
  • VisitScotland on Twitter approached me to share my Scotland Caravan Road Trip video here in this project! 
    So here you go, this is the link to my YouTube video: 

Let me know whether you want me to send the raw footage material as well! 

I would love to be featured and participate in showing Scotland's beauty to the world. 

Hugs, 
    Laura 
  • LisaFernando1LisaFernando1 Member
    edited May 29
    Please feel free to use any footage from my YouTube video below. Look forward to watching it! YouTube: Lisa Fernando 
  • VisitScotlandHeatherVisitScotlandHeather Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Wow! Some great videos being posted. Thanks guys!
  • ErinONeillErinONeill Member
    edited June 5
    I made a video on my holiday to Scotland recently. Here is the link - 
  • Glen_Cairns_94Glen_Cairns_94 Member
    edited July 6
    Me and 6 others of my friends have just completed the north coast 500 trip and had inside car footage, trivias and tasks. This is just a short trailer of it (heads up, a couple of swear words I should have censored out)
  • keiller84keiller84 Member
    My girlfriend and I recently packed the North Coast 500 into 4 days - here's the video I put together from the hours of GoPro footage we filmed! 

• DjpbDjpb Member
    My trip in Scotland in 2016

https://vimeo.com/167865267
  • CraigGrahamCapturesCraigGrahamCaptures Member
    edited August 9
    Great videos here! Here is one I put together of our North Coast 500 trip. So lucky to have all this just a few hours drive away  :) 
    http://youtu.be/25o-z2U-Efc