Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Car Hire questions

We are planning our trip for a month next April and into May we will be flying in and out of Inverness while I am looking up Car Hires I am not seeing alot of options as far as rental companies my question is there are more options if we go into Inverness and get a car plus there is not the Airport fee, do any of the companies run a shuttle out to airport to pick renters up and bring them back when its time to go? Also I have rental coverage on my Visa card for CDW what will they require I bring to use that coverage? I have to ask as I have been reading and the Car hire companies are still using High Pressure at the counter to try and up sell services so I need to be careful

Answers

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @RonT
    I suggest you get in touch with Inverness iCentre  (local information centre) as they will be the best people to answer you questions. 
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Enterprise rentals are based near the airport and I seem to recall are cheap 
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited May 2017
    The website www.holidayautos.co.uk is quite helpful and says that while many of the car hire companies might require you to pick up your vehicle from another location outwith the airport, they all offer a shuttle bus or meet-and-greet service to customers.   You would need to check with each individual car hire company about their CDW requirements.