Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Map

PrimaPrima Member
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
I could really use a detailed map of the country to help me ask questions.  My husband and I plan to spend 2-3 weeks in Scotland next year (2018).  We are planning the trip now.  If I had an easy way to reference a map here, it would make planning each day a lot easier.  An example is I have read of a new road along the far western coastline.  The road was said to be among the 5 best drives in the world.  Count me in!  But, I have no idea what you call that geographical area.  And, I can't find a map showing this road.  It is hard to make reservations along a road I cannot find on a map.  I love a bit of adventure but, I'd like to know for certain I had a clean bed and a nice place to eat prior to getting into that cozy bed.  I believe it would be a real help to many non native travelers.

Comments

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Prima
    The route you are referring to is the North Coast 500. There is a great deal of information on the community about it as it is gaining in popularity. It starts and finishes in Inverness, covers the North West, North and North East coastlines and it is really stunning. You could easily buy a map of Scotland online and that would help you plan your journey. Alternatively you can use the trip planner on visitscotland's website as well as the many itineraries on offer. For accommodation, try our accommodation search facility. I hope this helps. Do not hesitate to ask more questions if you need to. Happy holiday planning!!  :D
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Google maps should work :-)
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • kristenskristens Member
    Hi @Prima, Im heading to Scotland in September this year 2017 and  ordered my maps online through a book store.They are really good and very detailed. I am looking at GPS for the hire car and am trying to determine whether to take one fro here in Australia with UK maps loaded or buying a GPS over there....the hire care companies charge heaps for them per day. I can't wait to get there though!