Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Festivals & Events

We will be visiting Scotland in September from 21st to 28th and will be staying in the Ardersier/Nairn area.  We would like a calendar of fesitvals & events for that area & as far as Aberdeen. Interested in agricultural events as well, livestock shows, ploughing competitions, etc.

Comments

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    @clearlander There's a visit Nairn website you could check for events in the area.   The town has a farmers shown and also Highland games but they take place in summer before you visit. 

There's loads to see and do though.  Nearby I'd visit Cawdor Castle, Fort George Culloden Battlefield, Clava Cairns and from Inverness you could take a boat trip to spot some of the Moray Firth dolphins.  I can thoroughly recommend Dolphin Spirit based at Inverness Marina. 

East of Nairn towards Aberdeen the Bow Fiddle rock at Portnockie is stunning.  The whole Moray coast is fascinating.  The beach at Lossiemouth is lovely and Elgin is a must for the dramatic cathedral ruins.  You'll find distilleries, castle ruins, pretty beach huts and Pictish stones in this area.  Visit Moray also have an excellent website with lots of ideas. 

There are also the pretty coastal towns of Crovie and Pennan.  Pennan appears in the movie Local Hero.  

You'll have absolutely no problem finding things to see and do in the area. Your only problem will be narrowing down your choices.  

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors.