Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Isle of Mull and Isle of Iona in 1 day?

Planning first trip to Scotland in April 2018 for 14 days. Trying not to cram too much into the trip so we're running around with our hair on fire. The question is, if we're going to be based in Fort William for a couple days will it be possible to drive down to Oban, take a ferry over to Tobermory on the Isle of Mull, tour the Tobermory Distillery, check out the town, grab lunch, drive around the island for a bit, take a ferry over to Iona and check that out for a bit, then take the ferry back to Mull, and another ferry back to the mainland in order to get back to Fort William in time for dinner? I tend to think adding Iona to that day will be too much, but I'd love to hear from anyone who's been there.

Best Answers

Answers

• shawes86shawes86 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the help!  You've confirmed what I was thinking...that doing all that in 1 day is probably too much.  There seems to be so much to do and so much to see in Scotland that I have to constantly guard against trying to do too much.  Was originally planning on starting in Edinburgh, then heading to Glasgow, Glencoe, Skye, the Outter Hebrides, Inverness, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, back to Inverness, then drive along the coast from Inverness around to Aberdeen and back into Edinburgh...all in just 2 weeks!  Finally realized that was just way too much for 1 trip.  Guess I'll just have to make a 2nd and 3rd trip!