Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Where to stay when touring Inverness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield

We would like to spend 2 nights in the Inverness area, where we will spend a full day touring Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, Clava Cairns, Inverness, and maybe Nairn and Fort George. The first 3 are top priority. We will have a car. Should we stay in town, and if so, what district ? We like both B&Bs and hotels, whichever offer the best accommodations (clean, safe, convenient, parking) for the best price (goal is 80-100 GBP). Thanks.

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @StoneSearcher , The best B&B by Inverness is Dinichean House. It is a 5 star but well worth that little extra when you are living amoungst the Deer that they have freely roaming around. It is a stunning house & location.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17
    @stonesearcher Hi there, my hubby is from Nairn so we've stayed in most accommodation there over the years.  I have a soft spot for the Golf View Hotel where we got married.  It has a spa and gorgeous views across the Moray Firth.  If you're lucky you may even see the Northern Lights.  I also like the Newton Hotel. It's a stunning old building and they have pet Heilan' coos (highland cattle)! B&B wise the couple who run Hay Lodge are lovely.  The place is spotlessly clean and close to the beach. Sandown House is also lovely and a luxury experience for a B&B but it's probably a bit too overpriced in my opinion. 

Nairn has beautiful beaches, championships golf courses and is an excellent base for exploring the sites on your list. If you do go be sure to book The Classroom for dinner as it's excellent. 
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• StoneSearcherStoneSearcher Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the input. While we didn't choose the places mentioned, your input helped. And we will definitely try to visit Nairn, including their Sailing Club.