Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

My favourite Scottish Islands

2»

Comments

• VisitScotlandKimVisitScotlandKim Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Arran gets my vote! I agree with its nickname of "Scotland in Miniature" - so much to see and do but easy to cover it all in a short trip  :)
  • IreneGIreneG Member ✭✭
    Actually The Isle of Colonsay is a little gem . Fantastic for bird life especially on nearby Isle of Oronsay , stunning beaches , fantastic for both walking and cycling . Oh and it has an amazing little brewery ! And a unique little museum ---packed with loads of history and interesting artefacts from both Colonsay and Oransay well worth a visit ! Did you know it has a small airfield , so you can fly to Colonsay . 
  • VisitScotlandLyndsayVisitScotlandLyndsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I have recently returned from a whistle stop day tour of Orkney. Starting from John O Groats the ferry was a 40min sailing to Burwick, and from here I joined a coach tour to take me around the island. This tour was excellent and our guide was most informative. The island itself is steeped in history, from Neolithic times, the viking era to two world wars! Interesting sites was Skara Brae and the Ring of Brodgar. My favourite of course has to be the Italian Chapel. The scenery is spectacular too, with high cliffs and golden sandy beaches. Cant wait to go back  <3 :)

2»