Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

What's your favourite beach in Scotland?

VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
edited April 10 in Scotland's Beaches

This weekend I took a little trip from Edinburgh (only 35 mins on the train!) to Burntisland and had the most incredible time! Not only was the weather amazing (17 degrees but felt like more) but the scenery was so picturesque as well. The water was so crystal clear and it was such a lovely and peaceful place.

What beach in Scotland should I visit next? Do you have a favourite coastal location? Show me your pics!
Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
Instagram

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @VisitScotlandAmanda , good topic. I have 3 favourite beaches in Scotland. My first choice is the Coral beach just outside Dunvegan on Skye. Great place to go to see the Seals.
    I would then choose West Sands at St Andrews. Massive beach full of different sporting activities.
    Then I would choose Elie.

Best regards
    fishypro
  • DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    edited April 12
    @VisitScotlandAmanda @fishypro

Ahh, Scotland's beaches. I've only seen a few that I loved, my exploring started a little later in life!

It was about ten years ago when I visited Sanna Bay at Ardamuchan in October. I'd never seen such beautiful white sands before. 

Sanna Bay, Ardnamurchan

Sanna Bay, Ardnamurchan

Then I met Camusdarach Beach in Arisaig! Stunning sunsets here and my children loved playing on the beach until late at night.

Camusdarach Beach, Arisaig

Camusdarach Beach, Arisaig

Just up the road from Camusdarach Beach is the beautiful white sands of Morar.

Morar Beach

We have tropical beaches! When the sun plays nice :)
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitter and Instagram  :)
  • HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    edited April 12
    3 words, Isle of Harris. I was fortunate to see Luskentyre with my own eyes (it is the perfect place to enjoy a beer at) but unfortunate to not see much more due to a storm. Arisaig is a very close second (magnificent camping). Finally, my favourite beach in striking distance of Edinburgh is actually Gullane, love both the beach shape as well as the sand.

Luskentyre

Arisaig

Gullane

P.S. : Reaching my 2 favourite beaches by public transport was a mini-nightmare but boy were the views worth it :smile:
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple (Scotland & public transport "gurus") 

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (including SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay)

IG / FB: beyondourhorizons@
  • argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    Isles of Vatersay and Barra - Outer Hebrides

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14
    @visitscotlandamanda Ah good old Burntisland - I spent many a happy childhood holiday there. 

My absolute favourite is Balnakeil by Durness. It's paradise. 

I also love Dunnet Bay in Caithness and Melvich Bay in Sutherland.  The power of the sea and remote locations make for an out of this World visit. 

Closer to home Seacliff and Ravensheugh in East Lothian are stunning. 

Uig on Lewis, Calgary Bay on Mull, the wee coves of Gigha - Ok I'll shut up now! I do love a Scottish beach. 

Ok I lied I'm not done.  The stunning beach by Churchill Bartier 3 on Orkney is another favourite. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance travel writer with a passion for the great outdoors and sharing my love of Scotland wih the World. 

Ask me about all aspects of visiting Scotland. 

• SuleskerrySuleskerry Member ✭✭
    There's so many fantastic beaches in Scotland, we're spoilt for choice! One of my favourites just now is Eastside in South Ronaldsay, Orkney which we were lucky to have all to ourselves on Sunday afternoon.