Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Inverness to Fort William

Hello! I'm climbing Ben Nevis in May and would like advice on the best way to get from Inverness Airport to Fort William. I can drive but wanted to look at buses / taxi options too - it looks difficult to find out about buses - looks like I have to go from the airport to the central bus station - and they don't look very regular. Any advice or ideas welcome!

Comments

• VisitScotlandSarahWVisitScotlandSarahW Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @MountainGoat. How exciting!

First you will need to get either a taxi or a bus to Inverness bus station. You need to get the Jet Airport bus (30 metres from main entrance) which runs on the hour and takes approx 25 mins.

You can certainly get a bus from Inverness Bus station to Fort William. You can get current bus timetables from the Citylink website. The timetable shown runs until the 27th May; so have a check for the updated version if you are coming after then. As you can see it is possible by public transport, but having a car certainly will give you a little more freedom. 

I hope this helps! Enjoy the climb!