Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Best Bars, Restaurants and places to grab a coffee in Aberdeen

NatbeesFashionNatbeesFashion VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭
Hi all,
Living in Aberdeen for 3 years now I got to know the best places to visit and grab a coffee or cake (equally important, right?).

So here's my list:

For breakfast & brunch: Coffee House, The Cup, FoodStory

For lunch & dinner: The Braided Fig, CUE, Christos Greek taverna

For coffee & cake: Cocoa Ooze, Beans and Books, The Long Dog Cafe, Cafe Cognito

For drinks & cocktails: Revolution, Brew Dog, Bos'n

Which are your favourite places?
Am I missing something exciting? :smiley: 
Follow my trip around Scotland here  :)
Also ask me any questions on Instagram or Twitter if you are visiting Aberdeen anytime soon and you need recommendations. 

Comments

• VisitScotlandIntroVisitScotlandIntro Administrator
    I'm glad Beans and Books is going well, it opened just before I left Aberdeen to move to Edinburgh and I was sad to leave it. It's a great place to linger with a book.
  • VisitScotlandAmyVisitScotlandAmy Administrator
    I love Food Story - it's a brilliant veggie/vegan restaurant and they are now open in the evenings. They also host live music. 

For breakfast, I would recommend the Sand Dollar Cafe - it's on the beachfront and serves up every kind of breakfast you could imagine! 

For a special dinner, I would highly recommend Eat on the Green - it's pricey but well worth the money. 
  • NatbeesFashionNatbeesFashion VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭
    I have never heard of the Eat on the Green before! Will certainly have a look and give it a go soon <span>:smile:</span>

Follow my trip around Scotland here  :)
    Also ask me any questions on Instagram or Twitter if you are visiting Aberdeen anytime soon and you need recommendations. 
  • JessMacJessMac Member ✭✭
    Adelphi Kitchen in the city centre of Aberdeen offers a beautiful intimate dinning experience with a big enphasis on local produce. It's all about the specials though, so make sure you read the blackboard! 
  • VisitScotlandAmyVisitScotlandAmy Administrator
    I like Soul for a cocktail and The Tippling House is also one of my favourites. They serve unusual concoctions and if you don't see anything you like on the menu, they'll make something up for you depending on flavours you like!

Maggie's Grill is amazing for Southern soul food - you won't regret it! 

• KenMKenM Member ✭✭
    Merchant Bistro recently picked up a couple of awards at the Trend Life With Style Awards and Scotland's Business Awards.  Tucked away on Correction Wynd, but right in the city centre, it's well worth a visit. 
  • VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    The Mad Hatters Tea Party at the Carmelite Hotel sounds like fun!  :)  
  • ScathachScathach Member ✭✭
    I recently tried a new coffee shop that opened at the bottom of Market Street: The Craftsman Company
    It has a lovely environment and I really enjoyed the food. The coffee was absolutely fantastic.
    I am Italian so I am very picky when it come to coffee but in this place it was great. Also they roast it themselves. Always a bonus.