Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

AR experiences in National heritage sites?

Could someone recommend National heritage sites (reachable within 1 hour from Edinburgh), which have used gamification, AR or VR or other interactive means to make visitors experience the history.

Comments

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @nuuluu The Battle of Bannockburn visitor centre is around 45 minutes from Edinburgh and offers an amazing hi-tech interactive experience.  It's not to be missed. It totally brings the battle to life and you're fully immersed in medieval warfare.  You also get to re-fight the battle to see if you can change history.  Much to my disgust I led England to victory over Scotland when I visited.  :D
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors.