Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines
and learn how to use the Community
Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?
Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.
5 great reasons to visit Stirling
at the heart of Scotland, the city of Stirling is perfectly placed for Glasgow
and Edinburgh, the wild beauty of the Trossachs and the road to the Highlands.
what is there to see?
- Its castle is simply stunning. Perched high on a rock,
Stirling Castle’s glittering Great Hall can be seen from miles away.
- Love Braveheart? Stirling has the Wallace Monument. And it’s
pretty impressive. An intricately designed stone tower, it holds a commanding
presence over the area and is picture postcard pretty.
- Stirling’s place is history is unrivalled. After all, the
Battle of Bannockburn in 1314 was a national game changer. Find out about it at
the new visitors’ centre.
- Ever heard of Outlander? Scenes from the hit television
series are often filmed in the Stirling area.
- It’s pure murder. Stirling is home to the Bloody Scotland
Crime Festival, where crime writers gather to share the secrets of the blood
Have you visited Stirling? Why not
share what you love most about this intriguing city.