I'm visiting Scotland two times this year, in May and in September.
In May I'll be visiting only Edinburgh and I would like to have some suggestions of what to visit ( i'm travelling with my 70th year old mum so it can't be nothing too much athletic
) and where to eat. I know about all the touristic spots, so i'm more interested in things that only locals would know.
In September I'm planning to do a round trip alone around Scotland and the NC500 sounds perfect. I'm counting on your help for some questions I have in order to decide if I do it or no.
- I'm a good driver but I've never drove " on the wrong side of the road"
So, do you think that for a first timer it would be a hard journey? Does it have too much traffic?
- Should I rent a car in Edinburgh or it's easy to rent a car in Inverness?
- Do you think it's safe for a woman travelling alone?
- Should I book accommodation or it's easy to find along the road? I'm still not sure where I'm gonna stop.
- What do you recommend to visit and do along the road and also where to stay ( I'm planning for 5 days on the road)
Any other suggestions would be gladly appreciated, I'm in love with Scotland so all the places I might visit will be amazing.