Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

The best Haggis

fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
What are the best varieties of Haggis? Are there any healthy types of Haggis? Does a Gluten Free Haggis Exist? What do you think?
Best regards
fishypro

Comments

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Wild caught rather than farmed haggis is normally lower in fat ;-) 

Always check the ingredients to ensure they were traditional lamb and not padded out with pork... 

There should be some oats in a haggis, which are gluten free so unless there has been some padding out it should be pretty healthy, gluten free and very tasty.

It's getting harder to find these days, outside of a good butcher.
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I love it when you find places that do a haggis-hybrid food like haggis pakoras etc! 

Personally I prefer to eat veggie haggis over the real deal but lucky for me it's super yum and heaps of places in Edinburgh offer it - served on a baked potato or in a burger is my fave.
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    I buy haggis from Scottish butchers only and my favourite has to be the one I bought from Arran Butchers in Blackwaterfoot. The slightly sweet taste and perfect blend of spices is to die for :smile: #haggisforlife
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)
  • FofomaFofoma Member ✭✭✭
    The best haggis is definitely Cockburn's a wee butcher in Dingwall. MacSween's is also a good choice and is easier to find.