Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Finding Scotlands Red Squirrels

2»

Comments

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    I was out with my other half at Kinross golf club (he was playing I was enjoying the walk) and we saw a little red squirrel. We also saw a fallow deer. 

Back in the summer I have had a red squirrel cross the main road, Kinross  to Milnathort, right in front of me. Thankfully, on this occasion he didn't get squished!  
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭

White squirrel challenge accepted and complete! @fishypro

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• MogMJMRMogMJMR Member ✭✭
    @Jennie_Dallas_1853 for Red Squirrels within easy distance of Edinburgh, I would recommend the Tweed Valley Forest Park.  Glentress Forest, just outside Peebles can be reached from Edinburgh in one hour on the x62 bus ( a service every 30 minutes ) and the forest has a wildlife watch centre so if you don't see one in person you will still find out about the squirrels in the area.

http://http//scotland.forestry.gov.uk/images/pdf/rec_pdfs/TweedValleyForestParkGuide.pdf

#scottishborders #redsquirrel
    Mogmjmr
    Based in the Scottish Borders, Aberdeenshire has a special place in my heart.
  • FurrybootsCityFurrybootsCity Member ✭✭
    edited November 2
    Carnie Woods just of west Aberdeen is a lovely spot out of the city for spotting red squirrels. The Scottish Wildlife Trust have conducted a lot of work and effort into protecting the red population in the city also and recently it was announced that the efforts are paying dividends which is encouraging to hear!

Also Templeton Woods on the outskirts of Dundee is home to our beautiful red resident squirrels. I'll need to get up there soon, they'll be busy caching at the moment so they'll be on the go! 

In addition at Sealife nr Oban there are woods aimed at conservation where it is possible to spot red squirrels. Just look up and good luck!
  • FurrybootsCityFurrybootsCity Member ✭✭
    Ah @MogMJMR, I will need to try the Tweed Valley Forest Park, sounds like a good idea!
2»