Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Best places to eat between Dundee and Aberdeen?

I was looking for options for the best places to eat between Dundee and Aberdeen.  Seafood in particular would be ideal!
Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    I have a personal favourite, Tollbooth restaurant in Stonehaven. Good seafood and a perfect lunch spot after visiting Dunnottar castle nearby :smile:
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside fest)

• FishjaggerFishjagger Member ✭✭
    @Horizons that restaurant looks amazing!!!  Thanks for the suggestion :-)
  • HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    @Fishjagger My pleasure :smile:
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside fest)

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Go through Arbroath, stop and get a fresh smokey from the smokers beside the harbour. Eat it freshly smoked straight out the paper. AWESOME! 

If you're after a more 'standard' sit down type meal then - 

The butternut bistro in InverBervie is nice and gets good reviews... not so seafoody though. 

The Creel Inn, Catterline is brilliant, well kept beers too ;-)

Johnshavens Anchor hotel is great too and a good selection of beer...

In Aberdeen Moonfish - awesomeness..... 

If you do go to the Tolbooth, then pop across to the marine for good beers / drinks / atmosphere before and/or after ;-)

Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Fishjagger, there is a great Seafood restaurant called the But n Ben in Auchmithie by Arbroath. In Montrose there is The Bay Fish & Chips which is definately the best in Scotland in my opinion..
    Best regards
    fishypro
    @Fishjagger, Just outside Arbroath in a little town called Auchmithie is the But n Ben. Great food & atmosphere but you really need to book in advance. If you like Fish & Chips then you have to stop off at The Bay Fish & Chips in Stonehaven.
    Best regards
    fishypro
    To clarify, the bay is in stonehaven, not Montrose :-)
    Bespoke tours.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
    @YourScotlandTou, thanks for clearing that up.
    @Scathach, I will have to try that. It sounds & looks really good.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • If you take the A92 coast road instead of the quicker A90, I'd recommend the Creel Inn at Catterline, or if you'd just like fish & chips, the Bervie Chipper in Inverbervie can't be beaten.
    I live in Bervie and I wouldn't recommend the Bervie Chipper. The Quayside in Gourdon is better. But the best currently is Freds wee chip van - find him on facebook and drive to wherever he's parked that day! Great portions, great quality and reasonable prices - all good!
    Bespoke tours.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk